A very good summary of information from SANS Institute.
The Ten Dumbest Things People Do to Mess Up Their Computers
- Plug into the Wall without Surge Protection
- Surf the Internet without a Hardware Firewall and a Software Firewall
- Turn off the Antivirus Because It Slows Down Your System
- Install and Uninstall Lots of Programs, Especially Freeware
- Keep Your Hard Drive Full and Fragmented
- Open All Email Attachments
- Click on Everything
- Believe that Macs Don’t Get Viruses
- Use Easy, Quick passwords
- Don’t Bother with Backups
Now I’m certain that somebody will deliver a comedic version of this list but the ten items listed here are things to make certain YOU do not do.