What is it?
ggis Subscribe gives authors an easy way to insert a form that performs emailing list subscription management.
Features and Requirements
- Wordpress 2.5 or greater
- An email list to subscribe to. Currently supports:
- ezmlm lists – subscribe by sending email to email@example.com
- Designation of success page
Using ggisSubscribe is a very simple matter of performing a short setup and then inserting a simple code in your post.
- Download and install plugin using standard means. Download here.
- View the ggisSubscribe options from the Settings menu.
- Add the email address of your mailing list. If you have more than one list, use commas between each address.
- Enter the URL of your thank you page (next page)
- Enter the URL of you main subscription management page.
- Yes. Create and publish your subscription management first and then finish with your ggisSubscribe options.
The subscription form may be inserted on a post, page, or text widget by including the following code in your text.
[-%ggis-subscribe %formtype "%listname"-]
Here is an explanation of the fields:
- ggis-subscribe – identifies the code (required)
- formtype – identifies the form type
- 0, default – full subscription management form
- 1 – subscribe only form , requires “listname”
- listname – identifies the list to include in a subscription only form
See the demonstration forms.
In a Widget?
A subscription form may be placed into the standard text widget using the methods above. For widget use, I suggest using only formtype=1, the short form.
- Add template tag output
- Add other list manager types